Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Week 9

I recently got an idea to add to the student work that I've been receiving.  I'm going to be visiting all the campuses in the district and take pictures of murals that students have done at their schools.  A lot of the murals at savanna have been done by students over the years and a lot of them are really great. I believe that a wall on every quad has a mural.  Going off topic, there is an idea that i heard at an RSVP meeting i recently attended.  As part of school spirit Each class for example class of 2014, 2015, etc, should have a day where each class gets to decorate the school.  I really liked that idea and hopefully we can put it into action next year. It would be interesting too see what people will come up with.  With some unfortunate news, Katella doesn't really seem to have any murals at their school.  Hopefully that can be changed soon.  I know for a fact that students at Katella are really talented and their work seems to go unnoticed.

The image below is part of a mural next to our art room.  Each year our Ap students add something the mural.

No comments:

Post a Comment