Friday, February 21, 2014

Michelangelo

For about the past two weeks my art class has been recreating famous paintings but with changes.  The students have been getting really creative with the changes they made.  People created paintings from Michelangelo, Edward Hopper, Leonardo Da Vinci, ect.  Our projects are due today,  and everyone's came out amazing.  Unfortunately i haven't had a chance to upload their work because most of the students are building portfolios for colleges they want to attend.  Two of the seniors that i know of are planning on attending Art Institutes.   Its hard to believe how amazing their work is,  seeing their work only inspires me too try harder and become a better artist.  I applaud them.  I attempted to recreate the image of God and Michelangelo, but unfortunately it didn't come out as good as i had hoped.  It was more of a time problem.  I ended up rushing my project and left out detail to the painting which is a really bad idea.  I should have had it unfinished, turn it in, get it back and work on it and add the detail it needed so i could earn a better grade, and a better result.


This was the original resource i worked from,  if i had done a better job i would have posted my recreation of it :(

No comments:

Post a Comment